Thursday, July 9, 2015

I made it! Five years

June 26, 2010. A blast from the past. The day I arrived in the Philippines after a teaching stint in the US, as the first to exit from HNU, and just one of the few to come home. So many things have happened since that fateful day. I remember the first people I met at the NAIA Terminal 3 while waiting for the connecting flight home to Tagbilaran - Gov Edgar Chatto and Ma'amRosalinda Paredes.. perhaps a coincidence? the very bridges of my past to my present. I remember all the multi-faceted feelings then: of uncertainty and hope, of freedom from the "land of the free" (ironic isnt it?), of liberation and new life... and then home... to my nanay and siblings. The first order of the day was recovery - from CHF, cardiomyopathy, Hyperlipidemia etc etc. Five years later. And I am where I am now. I always thank the Lord for the gift of life and for all the countless blessings, all the people who have been with me in this journey, and all the opportunities to be relevant....

No comments:

Post a Comment